100 wc

100 wc

STAIRS   RIVER   PINK   COOKED   NERVOUS 

I was at a restaurants at around 5:30 or 6:00pm and I was eating the most  delicious fish ever (salmon). It a beautiful warm pink colour. Next to me was the balcony and outside the balcony was a river, the river was relaxing and calm. On the other hand the building/restaurant was 3 stories high with so many stairs and I don’t think I have told you but I am actually kind of scared of heights so most of the time I have to take an elevator so I don’t see how high I am going. Its going to be a great day.

2 thoughts on “100 wc

1. Emily,
    this is a wonderfully descriptive piece. I particularly love your description of the salmon as a ‘beautiful warm pink’. There was an interesting juxtaposition of calmness with nervousness which created a great tension in the piece. It meant that I couldn’t tell if your final line was sarcastic or not.
    One thing to look at is checking the length of your sentences. I think the flow of the sentence: ‘On the other hand the building/restaurant was 3 stories high with so many stairs and I don’t think I have told you but I am actually kind of scared of heights so most of the time I have to take an elevator so I don’t see how high I am going’ could have been improved just by removing the ‘and’ in the middle and making 2 sentences…what do you think?
    Ant